We appreciate donations of food and supplies any time to help us operate. These items serve to enrich the lives of our animals and make their stay cleaner, healthier and happier as they await their forever homes.
All donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be dropped off at our shelter during regular business hours.
For the Animals
(Please note expiration dates on food items. We cannot accept expired products.)
- Dry Puppy and Kitten Food for our Community Food Bank
- Dog and Cat Treats (soft and hard (no rawhide); Dog and Cat Biscuits (all sizes) Stainless Dog and Cat Food and Water Bowls
- Kitty Litter (non-clay)
- Towels, Blankets (non-electric), Rugs (We always need used towels!)
- Kuranda dog beds from Kuranda.com (select Verde Valley Humane Society as the recipient) Dog Beds
- Cat Condos and Trees
- “Kind Slip Harness” Collar (or similar) for dogs
- Leashes; Harnesses
- Dog and Cat Crates and Carriers
- Animal Catching Net (similar to butterfly net, but stronger) Puppy Pads
- Pet Nursing Bottles
- KONG dog toys (small, medium and large);
- Toys – interactive, enrichment, plush; Tennis Balls Nylabones
- Shampoo Wash Cloths
- Grooming Clippers
- Nail Trimmers
- Pill Pockets Peanut Butter
- Comfy Cones (small, medium, large) –online at amazon.com; drsfostersmith.com & more
- Metal Pooper Scoopers for dogs
- Poop Pick Up Bags
- Vinyl or Latex Gloves
- Large Gauze and Vet Wrap
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Isopropyl (70%) Alcohol
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Flea and Tick Control for Dogs and Cats: Revolution, Frontline, K9 Advantix II, etc
- Cotton Balls
- Copy paper – white and colors
- Envelopes: Plain Security #10; Double Window #8 5/8 checks; Double Window #9 Invoice
- Forever Postage Stamps
- Manila File Folders
- Batteries (AA, AAA, D, 9v)
- Hoses – 100 feet (non-kink); Spray Nozzles for hoses; Soap Dispensers for end of hoses
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Bleach (Clorox, Seventh Generation etc)
- White Vinegar
- Mr. Clean Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Trash Bags – 13, 33 and 55 Gallon
- Toilet Paper
- Industrial Mop Buckets/Mops and Mop Heads
- Roundup Tissues
- Disinfecting Wipes
- 32oz Spray Bottles
- Plastic Bags (hole-free grocery bags)
- Scrub Pads and Kitchen Sponges
- Large House-type Brooms and Dust Pans
- Heater and A/C Units for Kennel Area
- Gift cards are always welcome and appreciated.
- Local grocery stores
- Office Max, Walmart, Home Depot, Petsense, Tractor Supply, Olsen’s Grain, pet supply stores, gas cards, etc.
If you want to donate items but aren’t sure what we need, call 928.634.7387 and we can help you decide.
Amazon discontinued AmazonSmile in February, 2023.
Amazon will continue to help us Charity Lists.
More information coming soon.
Fry’s Community Rewards program
When you use your Shopper’s Card, Fry’s will donate to us at no added cost to you.
Create an account or use one you already have at your area store, sign into your Account, click on Community Rewards and enter Verde Valley Humane Society as the organization you wish to support. Click Save.