Are you ready to adopt a new family member?
You can view adoptable pets:
- Online 24/7 here on our website
- Or follow us on Facebook for profiles of pets in need of new homes
Meet our Animals
Who needs to come
- The adopter – When adopting a pet from Verde Valley Humane Society, you need to be the pet’s new owner. It is important for people to choose a pet that fits their own lifestyle and preferences, so we do not adopt out pets as gifts. If you want to initiate an adoption for someone else, please contact us and we will find a way to help.
- Family members – It’s important that the pet you’re adopting fits in with your family, so we recommend you bring your family members with you. If you’re looking to add another dog, call for an appointment for a “meet and greet” to be sure it’s a good fit.
What to expect
When you arrive at the shelter, let our front desk staff know whether you are interested in meeting our dogs or cats or both. They will introduce you to one of our adoption specialists who will work with you to help make the best match for you and your lifestyle.
You can spend as much time as you need getting to know your potential choice, including alone time for bonding.
When you’ve made your life-changing decision you’ll sit at the front desk with a staff member who’ll take some basic information and supply you with important vaccination and microchip information. It’s simple and only takes a few minutes. Then you’ll pay the adoption fee and be on your way home with your new family member.
All pets leaving our shelter have:
- Been spayed or neutered
- Received age-appropriate vaccinations
- Received flea/tick treatment and de-worming
- Been microchipped
Cats being adopted must leave in carriers, but we can provide temporary carriers for just $5.
Apply to Adopt
Interesting in adopting? Apply online today.
We encourage all pet adopters and pet owners to have a local vet. Here’s a list of veterinarians in the Verde Valley. Note that the closest Emergency Veterinary services are located in Flagstaff and Prescott Valley.
Dog licenses and dog tags are important. They are also the law. A lost dog with a tag can quickly be returned to owners. Licenses are generally required for all dogs over 3 months of age.